August 12, 2013

Easy Fruit Smoothies




With school starting soon, I'm dedicating this week to 'after school treats'.  I salute my mother who had a treat waiting for us kids everyday- it gave me something to look forward to and made the horrible, no good, very bad days brighter.  That little tradition has stayed with me and I find those little treats keep my boys from starving until dinner time and let them know I thought about them that day.  
These smoothies are a frequent request from my boys.  They are super easy and fast- only 3 ingredients!




RECIPE

3 C. mixed frozen fruit (from Walmart)
1 1/2 C. juice (see tip)
1 banana

*Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend on high for one minute.  Serve immediately.



Tips:
  • We trade off between Passion Orange, Mango Orange, or my favorite is the Pineapple Mango- I've only been able to find that one at Winco.  It comes in a blue can.  Make the concentrate into juice then add it to the smoothie.



  • My boys don't like berries in smoothies because of the seeds.  This fruit blend is our favorite.
  • I don't like adding ice to smoothies because it makes it too bland.  The frozen fruit gives it enough of that frozen texture for us.  

No comments:

Post a Comment