October 23, 2013

Mummy Dip {Chocolate Chip Dip}


I saw this cute mummy idea at Joann's Fabric.  It's a mason jar (pint) wrapped in burlap (I think they used muslin, or something similar.)  Glue two eyes on the front and fill it with some chocolate chip dip to make a perfect Halloween treat for you kids teacher, or a neighbor, etc (just have your kids deliver it so it can be from their "mummy").  The dip is a cross between frosting and cookie dough- it's extremely addicting!



RECIPE

8 oz cream cheese, softened
4 TBL butter, softened
1/4 C. brown sugar, packed
1 C. powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 C. mini chocolate chips
1 bag of pretzels

* Cream butter and cream cheese together.  Add sugars and vanilla and whip until smooth and creamy.  Fold in the chocolate chips.  Dip with pretzels.

Tips:
  • I will have a link to print out the card soon- I forgot to resize it today.
  • I glued a strip of burlap on the rim but didn't worry about covering the top.  I used the small plastic bag found in the bulk section at Winco to put the pretzels in- I keep the ones that are reusable for things like this.  Or grab some clear baggies at a craft store.
  • If you don't want to give away your mason jars, stop by a second hand store to see what they have in stock. .  
  • This recipe makes enough for one pint jar.


No comments:

Post a Comment