October 16, 2013

Chicken Salad Sandwiches




I bought Costco's chicken salad about 6 months ago- not sure what I was thinking because I was the only one going to eat it.  I had sandwiches for lunch.... and dinner...... and breakfast :/  By the time I finished it, I never wanted to hear of chicken salad sandwiches again!   But time heals all, and the other night I had ONE at a meeting I attended.  They were delicious.  I decided to post them today to prove I have fully recovered from my overdose!


RECIPE

1 C. mayonnaise
2 TBL lemon juice
1 TBL minced green onion
1 tsp Kosher salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1 C. finely grated cheddar cheese
2 C. cooked chicken breast, diced
1/2 C. chopped celery
1/2 C. slivered almonds OR pecans
1/2 C. craisins OR fresh grapes cut in half

* Mix everything together and let it refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours.  Put it with croissant rolls or fresh toasted bread.

Tips:
  • I cut the green onion (lengthwise) into four strips, then chopped it.
  • Add (up to) another 1/2 C. cooked chicken if you like your salad more 'dry'.
  • It does taste better if you let it sit for a couple hours- if you don't have time to wait, just know the mayonnaise flavor will be a little stronger.  Use a good quality mayonnaise- Best Foods is my favorite brand.

No comments:

Post a Comment