May 16, 2017

Whole Wheat Blender Pancakes







I make these pancakes every week....but ironically, I don't like to eat them fresh.  I prefer to eat them the next day- toasted so they're slightly crispy.  My favorite thing to do is fry up some turkey bacon and an egg and make a breakfast sandwich- pancake, bacon, egg and another pancake!  The recipe makes several pancakes, but they freeze well.  Also, you need a nice blender.  I used "Walmart" blenders for a few years- so they'll work, but you'll have to blend the wheat for 15-20 minutes or longer which is annoying.  



RECIPE

1 C. whole wheat kernels (not flour)
2 C. milk, divided
1 egg
2 TBL honey (or sugar)
1 tsp salt
1 TBL baking powder
1/2 C. Canola Oil

*Preheat your skillet on medium, slightly high, heat.  
Put wheat kernels and 1 C. milk in a blender.  Cover and blend on high for 3 minutes.  Add remaining milk and blend another few minutes.  Keep the blender going while you add the rest of the ingredients.  Just keep blending until you get a pancake batter consistency- be careful because you can blend it too long.  Pour batter onto the hot skillet and cook until golden.

*My family got me hooked on coconut oil, so that's what I use now.  It gives the pancakes a different flavor, but I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment